Wednesday 21 July 2010

A moment with Parrott:

Hannah, how u doing?
"Ummm, I'm, I'm good."

How are you feeling now it's nearly over?
(She chew pineapple) "Mmmmm, pretty sad, coz I don't wana leave the people I've been living with."

What's been your highlight?
"Ummm, I don't know...like, I think like the garbage dump, and meeting that Patricia lady (the lady in jail with epilepsy), but then in our free time, going rafting and stuff."

Is it what you expected?
"No."

Care to elaborate?
"It’s like been much more eye opening, and it’s changed my views on things quite a lot."

Anything in particular?
"Ummmm, it's like given me respect for religion and how it brings people closer together and gives people hope. And ummm, it seems like crazy now looking at poverty things on TV and thinking that's bad, and then coming here and realising it's so much worse than I thought."

Has anything been challenging?
"Pretty much everything (especially getting stuck in my bed!)."

What's been your fav Filipino food?
"What's that thing we ate yesters?...the sticky fruit."


Who's fav person you've met?
"That kid with glasses who sung at youth group...should've got his facebook. Maybe even his number! Just loved the kid with glasses!"

Do you recon you’ll do mission again?
“Yea definitely.”

Do you wanna come back to the Philippines?
“Yes. I like the hotel, and the food is nice. Oh yea, and the rest of the experience was awwwwwesome!”

Any final comments?
“I never thought I'd be happy for rain. Yey. Rain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment